The 10 Coolest Things That Happened at Lightspeed This Summer (Plus Our Fall Plans)
Today is the last day of summer, and while those of us at Lightspeed have had our share of summer fun, we’ve also been busy, busy, busy. In just the past few months, we’ve launched all sorts of great new solutions, product developments, partnerships, and features on our company website. In case you missed them, here are the highlights.
- We released Teacher Dashboard, our simple-to-use new classroom control panel, which gives teachers access to the Lightspeed management tools they need. Even better news: If you license any of our solutions, you already have Teacher Dashboard! Log in here.
- Mobile Manager is No. 1! Our MDM took the award for Best Mobile Device Solution from EdTech Digest this summer, winning over competing products from JAMF, AirWatch, Aerohive, and others.
- You asked and we delivered: Mobile Manager for Chrome is here! Our MDM lets you manage all your Chromebooks from a single, streamlined interface.
- A new version of Rocket Web Filter was released with a ton of new features and enhancements to make managing your school network easier. Drill-down reporting and single sign-on for Chromebooks are two new developments you’ll love.
- A new version of Classroom Orchestrator was released featuring remote screen control, making it easy for teachers and students to interact on classroom devices.
- Lightspeed’s support has always rocked, but now it really rocks. We have added support team members, built a dedicated chat team and added new customer service representatives, so if you have an open case, you no longer have to wait in the queue. Not only that, phone support has been streamlined so you can punch in your case number and speak to the same support tech who has been helping you — so easy! If you haven’t used chat lately, give it a try and let us know what you think.
- More and more sites are moving to SSL, making filtering and reporting tricky — so we made sure our Web Filter is better equipped than ever to handle it.
- The state of Kentucky chose us as their school filtering provider. It’s been a great partnership, and after a busy few months, all installations are complete!
- We offered zero-day support for Microsoft Windows 10 and iOS 9 so all our customers were prepared to take advantage of these fantastic new operating systems.
- Been to Lightspeed’s Community lately? We refreshed and relaunched our website to make it easier for our customers to get trained, stay up on to date on new releases, get the scoop and vote on new features, and much more.
Some things you can expect this fall? Web Filter 3.0. A major new feature for Classroom Orchestrator. And a HUGE, game-changing new solution for Windows — check the blog next week for that announcement!