The first step of setting up Classroom Orchestrator is deploying the Google Chrome extension to your users (for Chrome devices) or downloading and installing the LMA (Windows devices.) Deploying the extension allows you to access key features of Classroom Orchestrator, such as viewing screens, viewing URL history, and locking devices.
Deploying the Google Chrome Extension
Note: Google may change their UI without warning, causing these steps to no longer be accurate. If that is the case, please notify us through the Was This Helpful link (click No and a form to notify us will pop up) at the bottom of the page and we will immdiately update the steps.
From the Google Admin console, navigate to Device Management > Chrome Management > User Settings. Once you are in User Settings, make sure that you select your organization from the top-left navigation bar.
2. Scroll down to Apps and Extensions > Force-installed Apps and Extensions. Click on Manage force-installed apps.
3. Click on Specify a Custom App.
4. In the ID and URL fields enter your specific custom ID and URL as displayed in the Classroom Orchestrator Getting Started instructions (within the Classroom Orchestrator application.) Click Add.
5. Once the app has been added you will see it in your list of apps to the right. The app will have the same name as the ID in Classroom Orchestrator. Click Save to push the extension.
6. Click Save at the bottom of the page to deploy your changes.
Deploying the LMA (Windows)
For Windows devices, you will want to deploy the Lightspeed Management Agent (LMA.)
Note: You do need to update the LMA 3.1 or above.