Custom reports are reports based on existing built-in and custom reports that you have modified and saved with your own choice of filters, column selections, and date ranges. The custom reports you save will be listed under the Custom category for easy access.
How do I …
Start with an existing report that contains the general type of data you’re looking for. In most cases, the Activity Logs report is the best starting point for web filter reports.
With the Activity Logs report template open, think of a question you want to answer, for example “what sites have users visited in the last 7 days when they override the web filter?”
To create the custom report for this example, follow these steps:
- 1. If the blue Data Options sidebar is not visible, click the Data Options button  in the upper right corner.
- 2. In the Data Options sidebar, select (check) Reason, then choose “Override” from the dropdown list.
Note: See Filtering Reports for more information.
- 3. Click Today to select a date range for the report. For this example, choose “Last 7 Days“. Notice that you can select a variety of date ranges, including specific times of day.
- 4. Click Generate, and wait for the report to populate.
- 5. When the report has populated, click the “gear” icon on the right side of the header row to select the columns to show in your custom report, using the example selections in the following illustration. Remember to click Apply to save your column selections.
- 6. Click the Save button, then select Save as Custom Report.
- 7. Give your report a name, for example “User Override Destinations “, and click Save.
- 8. In the left navigation area, click Custom, and observe that your new report now appears in the list of custom reports.
Note: You can also save a custom report as a scheduled report. See Scheduled Reports for more information.
If you have an Advanced Reporting server in your network you can create summary report versions of custom and Web Filter reports that consolidate activity in both graphical and tabular format. To create a summary report follow the steps below.
- 1. Select the custom or Web Filter report you want to summarize.
- 2. Click the Data Options button  in the upper right corner to open the Data Options sidebar.
- 3. In the Data Options sidebar, scroll down to Summarize, then select the report column for the summary graph.
Some report types, for example Activity Logs, open a dropdown menu when you click a column heading.
- Summary – Create a Summary Report based on the selected column
- Sort ASC – Sort the column in ascending order (A to Z)
- Sort DESC – Sort the column in descending order (Z to A)
The following is an example of the Web Activity report summarized by IP address.
Tip: You can save these reports as custom reports, schedule these reports, and export these reports. See Custom Reports, Scheduled Reports, and Exporting Reports for more information.
To view a list of custom reports, navigate to Reports, then click Custom.
From there, you can run, modify, or delete a custom report.
To delete a custom report follow these steps:
- 1. Navigate to Reports, then click Custom.
- 2. In the list of Custom Reports, click the x icon on the right side of the report to delete.
- Click the Save button to Save as a Custom Report – save a custom report based on tier, date range, filters, and other custom settings in effect.