The Web Filter Module provides a variety of pre-installed reports, as well as the ability to create your own custom reports. Reporting helps you maximize the effectiveness of the Web Filter and identify potential issues and their causes, such as:
- What searches and sites have been blocked?
- Which sites are users visiting on mobile devices?
- Which users are being locked out by the filter for multiple inappropriate searches and website requests?
- Which uncategorized URLs are your users visiting?
Reports can be run in real time as well as scheduled for the future. Reporting truly allows you to maximize the effectiveness of the Web Filter as well as to identify potential issues and their causes.
To change the reporting period, open the dropdown menu beside the report title. To select a standard date range, or select Custom range to specify start and end dates for the report.
- Click the gear button  to select columns to view in the current report.
Filters allow you to limit the report to include only the information you want to see.
There are two ways to filter reports:
- Click the Data Options button  in the upper right corner to open the Data Options sidebar.
- The following will open. Click any filter to apply that filter to the report.
- Select whether you want to filter for the filter (ex. Action) by choosing Is or Is Not in the first drop down menu. Choose your desired filter attribute (ex. Allowed) in the second drop down menu. Click the green + sign to add the filter. Click Generate Report to apply all your filters to the report.
Find something suspicious in a report? Maybe a keyword search that includes “bomb”, ‘how to kill myself’ or “homemade bong’? You can click on that keyword, choose Quick Filter, and quickly see how many times it’s been searched for and by whom. Or click a username and Quick Filter to refine the report to just that user and see what else they’ve been searching for or visiting.
Then, you can click another item in the report grid and select Add to filter to automatically add that item to the Data Options pane. Click Apply to display the filtered results.
- 1. Click the Send  button to export and email the current report as a CSV or HTML file.
This action opens the following box:
- 2. Enter the recipients’ email addresses, then click Ok. (Separate multiple email addresses with commas.) Once generated, users will receive an email message with a link to download the report.
- Click any column heading to sort in ascending order. Click again to sort in descending order.
- Some report types, for example Activity Logs, open a dropdown menu when you click a column heading.
- Summarize – Create a Summary Report based on the selected column
- Sort ASC – Sort the column in ascending order (A to Z)
- Sort DESC – Sort the column in descending order (Z to A)
Scheduled reports are built-in or custom reports that are emailed to one or more users either daily, or once a week. Scheduled reports are listed under the Scheduled category for easy access.
Learn more about scheduling a report at the following links:
The Web Filter has a large variety of highly useful reports.
Click on the following to learn more about each kind of report.
We suggest that you browse through the various report types within your Web Filter interface and determine which are the best for you. You can then save your favorites by clicking the “star” icon to the left of the report title. These will then display in the left-hand navigation menu under a new subheader, Favorites.
The following videos briefly demonstrate various Web Filter reporting functions:
Selecting the Time Period
Saving a Custom Report