Agent software is out of date error
The “Agent software is out of date” error shows on Chromebooks that are using the older Management for Chrome Extension and not the new Relay Classroom Orchestrator extension. To switch to the new extension, please do the following:
1. Log into Google Admin Console and remove the old Management for Chrome extension.
- a. Open the Google Admin console and navigate to Device Management.
- b. On the left-hand navigational menu, click on Chrome Management.
- c. Click on User Settings.
- d. Select your organization on the left-hand navigational menu and then scroll down to Apps and Extensions > Force-installed Apps and Extensions. Click on Manage force-installed apps.
- e. Click Remove to the right of the Management for Chrome extension.
2. Log into Classroom Orchestrator. Click on the Getting Started option in the top right.
3. Click the Details for Step 1 and follow those instructions.
Note: The new Relay Classroom extension is a custom extension and no longer found in the store.