Relay Classroom administrators should refer to this document to manage users, groups, and administrators.
Manage your users by navigating to Admin Tools > Users from the Launch Dashboard.
Add New Users
To add new Users, click the icon in the lower-right corner of the Users page.
In the Create User window, complete the user information fields (First Name, Last Name, email, etc.) and click the green checkmark to save the new user.
Edit User Information
On the Users screen, you can:
- a. Search for your users in the search field
- b. Results will show below. Clicking on a user name will open their details to the right.
- c. Edit the username by clicking the edit icon
- d. Edit the user information by clicking the edit icon
- e. Clicking the Actions button allows you to disable, delete, or archive/un-archive the user account
- f. Click the plus (+) sign to add the user to a Group
- g. Click the x to the right of a Group to remove the user form a Group.
Note the following guidelines for user profiles:
- Relay requires an email address for Windows and Mac Smart Agents.
- When email address is indicated, it must be unique to this account. Email addresses cannot be shared or used on multiple accounts.
- Add the school name by typing the beginning characters and selecting from the drop-down menu.
- Screen name must be a unique identifier.
- Relay Smart Agents also require the domain be included with the username — “Domain\Username”.
- Password is only required if the user will not be authenticating against your network directory. If that’s the case, be sure to also select No for “Rocket Auth.”
Manage your groups by navigating to Admin Tools > Groups from the Launch Dashboard.
To add new Groups, click the icon in the lower-right corner of the Groups page.
In the Create Group window, complete the group information fields (Title, Owner, School, etc.) and click the green checkmark to save the new group.
On the Groups screen you can:
- a. Search for your groups in the search field
- b. Results will show below. Clicking on a group name will open up its details to the right
- c. Edit the group name by clicking the edit icon
- d. Edit the group information by clicking the edit icon
- e. Clicking the Actions button allow you to delete the group
- f. Click the plus (+) icon to add Subgroups to the group
- g. Click the plus (+) icon to add Members (users) to the group
- h. Click the dropdown icon and select Delete Member to delete a user from the group
Follow these steps to add an Administrator(s) to your Lightspeed SaaS products.
Log in to the Launch Dashboard with your organization’s credentials. Hover your mouse over Admin Tools and click Users.
Create an Admin from a New User
You can add an admin by creating a new user. Click the green plus sign in the bottom right corner to add a user.
Enter all of the required information. Under User Type make sure to select Staff. Under Admin Role make sure to select School Admin or District Admin. Click the green checkbox when done.
Create an Admin from an Existing User
Alternatively, you can also turn an existing user into an admin. Simply click on an existing user and then click the pencil icon to edit their information.
Change the User Type to Staff (if necessary) and change the Admin Role to School Admin or District Admin. Click the green checkbox to save.