Viewing and Editing the Configuration
School administrators can view and edit the configuration of their schools and groups while district administrators can view and edit their district, school, and group configurations.
A school configuration will override a district configuration.
- 1. From the dropdown next to the district name (district admins only) or school or group name (school and district admins), select Configuration. The current configuration will be displayed. The following screens show a school configuration page.
- 2. Click Edit Configuration, make any changes and then click Save Configuration to save your settings. Please note configuration options vary depending if you’re at the district, school, or group level.
- District and School:
Upload thumbnail images interval: acceptable range is 10 seconds to 120 seconds (default is 30 seconds). Lowering the upload intervals will increase the amount of data sent to Lightspeed Systems’ servers and increase the demand on the network.
- Upload fullscreen recorded images interval: acceptable range is 10 seconds to 120 seconds (default is 30 seconds). Lowering the upload intervals will increase the amount of data sent to Lightspeed Systems’ servers and increase the demand on the network.
- Filter Detection: enable/disable detecting if the user is behind the web filter (default is true [enabled]). If enabled, any client device not being filtered will display a caution icon next to their name.
- Screen Capture – Chromebooks: capturing just the active window on each client does not require the users’ permission. If you want to see their whole screens, users will encounter a dialog box to give permission whenever the group session becomes active.
- Group: Enable/disable orchestration (default is true [enabled]).
The following video briefly demonstrates how to view and edit the configuration.