Viewing and Recording Student Sessions
On the Groups page click the group’s icon to view it as shown below.
On a single group’s page you can:
- Navigate between groups.
- Configure group options.
- Send links and files to students, and lock or unlock their devices.
- Start and stop user sessions (described below).
- Set the session length for this group (described below).
- View previously-recorded sessions for all users in this group.
- Record a session or to view previously-recorded sessions for that user (described below).
- Activate this user in another group to the current group.
- Control a student’s device.
Monitoring Student Activity
If you click a group and then click a student’s icon you can monitor the following about a student:
- If you click Zoom, the session will expand to display the computer name and age as shown below. Click the session again to restore it to its original size.
- An exclamation point icon next to their photo/name indicates that the user’s Internet access is not being filtered.
- A number followed by “Minutes Old” indicates Classroom Orchestrator has not seen a screenshot or a heartbeat from the client in the number of minutes shown. For example, in the example below Classroom Orchestrator has not received a screenshot or heartbeat Isabella in 8 minutes and hasn’t received a screenshot or heartbeat from Alexis in 2 minutes.
- A ghost icon with the message “student not active” shows that the user is not logged in.
Configuring Classroom Orchestrator Group Session Periods
To configure the session period for a group click dropdown next to the timer. The following will be displayed.
Select the session period, which can be from 10 minutes to 2 hours.
Recording User Sessions
To record a user session select the dropdown next to the user’s name. You can record for 5, 15, or 30 minutes or view previously-recorded sessions as shown below.
Viewing Recorded Sessions
To view previously-recorded sessions select Recorded Sessions from the dropdown on the group or user. The following will be displayed.
Click on a session to display it as shown in the example below. You can also sort a recorded session by oldest-newest or newest-oldest.