At the top of the Default Rules page there is a search bar for checking website/video categorization. To recategorize a website into a Custom Category, enter the url into the search bar and click Check.
When the results pop up you will see the current category for the website and an edit icon to the right of the current category. Click the edit icon and a window will pop up.
You can choose to recategorize the website into any of the existing categories, including your new Custom Category. The list is in alphabetical order, so scroll to your Custom Categories name and select it. You can add a note for later reference if you want to keep track of any pertinent information.
Example: You might want to use the notes to keep track of the category that the domain came from for easy reference.
Editing Custom Categories
To edit your Custom Categories, and the websites that are in the categories, roll your mouse over the category on the Default Rules page. To the right of the category a tab with a gear icon will pop up. Click the gear and a dropdown menu will appear.
This will take you to the list of domains currently in your Custom Category.
From here you can:
- Go back to your Default Rule page by clicking the green left arrow at the top left of the page.
- Search your list of domains using the search bar at the top right.
- Import a list of domains. If you upload your own csv it will recategorize them into the current Custom Category.
- Add a new url to your custom category with the green plus button .
- Use the checkboxes to the left to select the domains in the category so that you can delete (remove) the domain from the Custom Category. You can use the checkbox at the top of the list to select and delete all of your domains at once. You can also use the X to the right of the domains to delete.
- Edit the domain notes and category by rolling over the domain’s name. An edit icon will appear to the right of the domain name, just click the icon for the edit window to open.
This will open a window where you can rename and add/change the description of your Custom Category.
This will delete your Custom Category. You will not be able to delete your Custom Category while there are domains in it. You must first delete the domains.