Enhanced SIS Integration (Clever)
For districts using compatible Student Information Systems, Lightspeed Systems offers for purchase Enhanced SIS Integration Services that include working with Clever. Here’s what’s in it for you:
- “Hands-off” integration–eliminating the need to generate CSV files from your SIS
- Multiple syncs throughout the day, rather than the single daily sync for CSV imports
- Clever offers your students and staff a single-sign on portal with access to all their apps
Though the process may vary based on your student information system, working with your SIS administrator and Clever, we’ll get the process just right.
Before You Begin
Here’s what you’ll need to make your Clever SIS integration successful:
- Both student and staff need to have the directory services username identified and located in the SIS (for example, this could be student/staff email addresses, if they match the directory services username).
Note: Usernames are required for Mobile Manager, and we will not be able to move forward without them.
- Your course sections need to have well-defined descriptions. These descriptions are used to name your new Mobile Manager group objects.
- You will need to create an administration level view-only account for the SIS import to work.
- You will need to know your SIS external (public-facing) URL or IP address along with your Lightspeed Systems Rocket external IP address.
Sign Up for Enhanced SIS Integration Services
To start, contact your Lightspeed Systems sales rep to discuss licensing and integration options. To help expedite your request, please have the following information ready:
- Provide the SIS data fields that store your unique student and staff directory services UserName in your SIS database.
- Indicate if you currently use another type of SIS integration with Lightspeed products and if you have already added your students, staff, and groups.
- Provide your external Rocket IP address
Once our SIS integration team receives your license information, they will start working on your integration process and contact you if they have any questions. Once Clever is syncing with your SIS, Lightspeed Systems staff will be notified to populate your new data and your SIS data integration will start.
Important: Clever may email you with instructions, requests for information, and so forth that require you to follow-up with them. Please note failure to do so will likely prevent Clever and Lightspeed Systems from completing your SIS integration.
Clever and Security
Click here to learn how Clever protects and secures student information. And click the following links for more detailed information.