With Web Shortcut policies you can push web clips to devices. These web shortcuts appear as Icons on the devices that users can tap to access a URL. They can be used for device enrollment and as a way for younger students to access websites without entering a URL.
To view, edit, or delete web clip policies:
- 1. To view, edit, or delete web clip policies for the entire organization, navigate to the dashboard home page. To view, edit, or delete web clip policies for a group or sub group, navigate to that group or sub group.
- 2. Click Policies.
- 3. Click Web Clips.
- 4. If necessary, click On Campus to configure an internal Web Clips policy or click Global (the default) to configure a global Web Clips policy.
- 5. To add a new web clip profile click Add New. The following will be displayed:
Configurable web shortcut parameters:
||Enter the name of the label used to describe the web shortcut
||iOS6+, OS X, Windows 8.1, LMA Agent
||Enter the URL to be displayed when the web shortcut is opened
Note: You can use the %user_enrollment_url% variable in this field. See Policy Variables for more information.
|iOS6+, OS X, Windows 8.1, LMA Agent
||Select (check) this option to enable removal of the web shortcut
||Click Select Icon to add a custom icon to this Web Shortcut.
Note: See below for detailed steps to add a custom icon.
|iOS6+, OS X
Creating a Custom Web Clip Icon
Follow the steps below to create a custom Icon for iOS6+ and OS X Web Shortcuts. Please note that on iOS6+ devices the custom Icon will be replaced by the website’s Icon once it has been visited.
- 1. Follow the steps above to configure a new Web Shortcut.
- 2. In the Icon row click Select Icon.
The following will be displayed:
- 3. Perform one of the following:
- Use an existing Icon: Select an existing Icon and then click Select. Proceed to Step 4.
- Upload a new Icon: Click Upload. The following will be displayed.
- Drag and drop the Icon or click Browse to search for the icon on your computer. If you clicked Browse select the Icon and then click Choose.
- Click Add.
- 4. Click Save. The custom Icon will be displayed in the Icon row next to the Select Icon button as shown below.
Note: Some Websites have an “Apple Touch” Icon built coded by default. This will override the custom icon setup in mobile mangager option.