Performing a Device Firmware Update
You can perform a Device Firmware Update to fix various device issues, including SCEP and connectivity issues. Performing a Device Firmware Update will wipe your device and force a firmware update to the latest firmware through Apple’s servers.
1. Put the device in DFU mode.
- a.Hold the Power button for 3 seconds.
- b. Continue holding the Powerbutton and also hold the Home button for 15 seconds.
- c. Release the power button while continuing to hold the Home button for 10 seconds.
- d. Your device should display a prompt stating Connect to iTunes Screen.
2. Plug the device into your computer and open iTunes and perform a restore.
- a. Before restoring, verify that you are using the latest version of iTunes, back up your device, and transfer and sync the device’s content to your computer.
- b. Connect your device to your computer.
- c. Select your device when it appears in iTunes. Select the Summary tab, and click the Restore button.
- d. After the restore is complete, the device will restart. You should see a Slide to set up prompt. Follow the steps in the iOS Setup Assistant.
- e. If needed, restore your device from a previous backup.