Troubleshooting: Apple ID Prompted During Installation
If your users/devices are being prompted for an Apple ID/password when installing apps, check the following:
- Make sure device is supervised. Unsupervised devices will always prompt to accept the installation.
- Make sure “Require iTunes Store password for all purchases” is off. When it is on, it will prompt for an Apple ID.
- Make sure Age Restrictions on Apps is off. Turning Age Restrictions on will lead to an Apple ID being prompted for.
- Make sure the device is on iOS 7 or greater. Silent install is not supported on iOS versions pre-7.
- Make sure the app is a Managed Distribution app. Regular Store Apps will always ask for a password.