Troubleshooting: Apps are not Updating – iOS
If some of your apps aren’t updating it could be because they are unmanaged. This solution can solve a variety of issues, including issues with pushing apps with VPP licenses.
You can force app management in two ways.
1. You can force app management through app assignments. Navigate to your organization, school, or group and click on the app name to open the app menu. Click Advanced then click Force Management.
Repeat this step for all apps in order to make them all managed.
Note: If the apps still do not update, try uninstalling and reinstalling the app.
Additional troubleshooting tips
If the above tips did not fix your problem, try the following solutions:
1. Verify that the device has an MDM profile. You can verify this at Settings > Managed Distribution.
2. Try hard rebooting the device. Hold the Home and Lock buttons until you see the Apple logo and then release the buttons. (This will solve an issue where the MDM daemon process may have hung.)
3. If the device fails to update, try tethering the device to a 3/4g hotspot. If the 3/4g test works, then something in your network is interfering with its communication with Mobile Manager. Please check that these ports and places are allowed through your Web Filter/firewall:
- TCP 2195 gateway.push.apple.com
- TCP 2196 feedback.push.apple.com
- TCP 5223 courier.push.apple.com