SaaS Documentation Has Moved:
Documentation for Relay, Mobile Manager, and Classroom will no longer be updated on the Community Site and has moved to our Intercom Help Center. This move allows us to provide in-app documentation for our SAAS platform. SAAS documentation can now be found here
. Note: Longhorn/Web Filter documentation will continue to be available on the Community Site.
View iOS Console Log
Viewing your iOS console log may help in troubleshooting issues with iOS apps. Refer to the following steps as a guide to viewing console logs:
Apple Configurator 2
- Download, install, and launch the Apple Configurator 2 from the App Store.
- Connect your iOS device to your mac and trust the computer when prompted. You should see all your connected devices in the Apple Configurator 2 home screen.
- Double-click the name of the device that you are running the log file on.
- Click Console (from the window’s main menu). The activity log displays on screen.
- Click Clear to clear log activity, then replicate the issue-actions as needed.
- Click Save to save a copy of the log file.
- Download and install Xcode on your macOS machine.
- Connect your iOS device to your mac machine.
- Launch Xcode then click Windows > Devices and Simulators (from the Xcode main menu).
- Replicate the issue-actions as needed.
- Select your connected device from the device list (left-side menu).
- Click the up-traingle (bottom of the window) to view device logs.
- Click the down-arrow (bottom-right of the window) and save the device log file.
- Click View Device Logs (below Device Information, right-side panel).
- In the Process column, identify and select the app name and click Crash Log to view the log contents.
- Or, right-click on the app name and select Export Log to save the crash log.
- Download, install, and launch iTools on your Windows machine.
- Connect your iOS device to your PC.
- Click Toolbox.
- Click Real-time log (below Advanced Features) then replicate the issue-actions as needed. Real-time log activity displays in the window.
- Click Save to save the log activity as a file.