Provide the following links to your users as an easy method for web authentication:
For even easier access, provide these shortened versions:
If Authentication is enabled on the Access page, users can log out by clicking “Not you?“. However, there are situations where the normal “Not You?” link is not available on the Access page. For example:
- Web-authenticated users on mobile devices
- Users who log in to a machine that was not properly logged off by a previous user
In these situations, users can log out at any time by entering the following URL:
Wondering when that might come in handy? Here’s an example:
- 1. A user attempts to go to website, gets blocked, and forgets to log out.
- 2. A second user logs into the same machine by clicking the Not You? link. (That user is a web authenticated user. You can see their login on the Access page.)
- 3. When they are finished browsing, the second user logs out by entering the lsaccess.me/logout URL in the address bar of the browser.
- 4. That second user gets a message that they have been logged out.
Logging out is a good practice to get all your users into!