Check the status of a device
If you suspect there’s something wrong with a device, you can remotely check on its general health using Mobile Manager.
- Log into Launch and select Mobile Manager.
- Navigate to a group where the device is being used.
- Each device in the list has a gear icon on the right side of the tile. Click the gear icon to open a menu.
- Among other things, from this menu you can:
- Get device information
- Update device information – request updated information from a device; the device must be powered on to respond and repopulate the info found in Device Information, which also includes a timestamp of “Last info update.”
- Click Device Information to review operating system (OS) version, battery charge remaining, capacity used, and age of this information (last info update).
- From here, you might ask yourself:
- When was this information last updated? If it’s not current, you can go back to the drop-down menu and request an update by clicking Update Information.
- Has it used up all its storage space?
- Does it need to be charged?
- Does it have the latest operating system?