Release Notes: Mac Mobile Filter: May 15, 2017 (6.2.0)
The Mac Mobile Filter v6.2.0 is now available!
- Support for macOS Sierra.
- Enhanced Captive Portal detection and support for network access at various hotels and restaurants.
- Updated SSL handling to conform to Apple’s best practices.
- Added support for filter lookups and other Rocket communication over HTTPS.
- Corrected an issue where DNS remap settings were not being cached locally after receiving them from the Rocket.
- Corrected an issue that could result in reduced performance after the Mobile Filter had been running for a long period of time.
- Resolved startup issues where the Mobile Filter would attempt to load before the network was available.
Note: Mac Mobile Filter 6.2.0 supports OS X Yosemite (10.10) and above. Older versions of OS X will need to stay on the 6.1.3 version.
Note: Mac Mobile Filter 6.2.0 will be a manual upgrade, 6.1.x clients will NOT automatically upgrade.