Release Notes: Windows Mobile Filter: April 13, 2017 (184.108.40.206)
Windows Mobile Filter has been updated; Windows Mobile Filter 220.127.116.11 is available for download.
The stream parsing logic now correctly categorizes non-encrypted TCP stream data that happens to contain the same signature as a valid SSL/TLS client handshake or a partial HTTP GET. If an entire client handshake or HTTP GET is not indicated to the classification callback as a single buffer, i.e., more data would have to be requested, the logic will consider that to be non-encrypted TCP stream data.
- Perform the WMI queries in a separate thread after service started is reported to prevent Service Control Manager event ID 7000 errors:
- A timeout was reached (30000 milliseconds) while waiting for the Lightspeed Management Agent Service service to connect.
- The Lightspeed Management Agent Service service failed to start due to the following error: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.
- Replace BIOS serial numbers with the MAC address if they appear to be invalid based on a set of rules, such as it’s blank, “none”, or “invalid”.
- Treat redirects (HTTP status 300 – 399) as possible hotspot redirects for policy server availability pings and policy lookups.
- Wait on HeartbeatThreadHandle instead of InputEvent when uninitializing the service call facility via ServiceCallUninitialize() to ensure clean service shutdowns.
- All executables signed with Extended Validation (EV) code signing certificate.
- Support added for changing the policy server mode from balanced to tiered via the Device Registration Portal.
- This release is only supported for Windows 10 and up.
- This version will NOT be available as an automatic upgrade from the DRP.
Windows 10 and up (18.104.22.168)
All other Windows versions (6.2.3)