Classroom Orchestrator lets teachers see all student screens in the classroom to keep them on-task and engaged. From the dashboard view, teachers can drill down for details, record screen shots, broadcast their own screen to all student screens, lock all devices to get eyes up front, push a web link to open, share a student’s screen (on supported devices), and see what devices are filtered.
Watch a quick introductory video:
Prerequisites, Installation, and Upgrades
Classroom Orchestrator is one of the features of Lightspeed Management Agent (LMA Agent). When you install the LMA Agent you can run Classroom Orchestrator, Mobile Manager, or both. In addition, Classroom Orchestrator is automatically upgraded when you upgrade LMA Agent. There are no additional installation or upgrade steps needed for Classroom Orchestrator. Please note that for Classroom Orchestrator the LMA Agent only needs to be installed on student devices, not staff devices.
Please see LMA Agent – Prerequisites, Installation, and Upgrades for more information about how to install and update the LMA Agent.
Classroom Orchestrator Status on Client PCs
When Classroom Orchestrator is active the following will be displayed in the client PC’s systems tray.
When Classroom Orchestrator is inactive the following will be displayed in the Client PC’s systems.
Looking for other downloads?
Note: Starting with Web Filter 3.x, the LMA agent replaces the PC User Agent as your all-purpose method of user resolution. Customers who are upgrading to or using Rocket Web Filter 3.2 need to use the Lightspeed Management Agent (LMA) as their PC user agent.
Customers who only require the LMA agent and want to add in the Rocket identification server during installation can use the following switch to install the LMA agent on their devices without bounding it to other Lightspeed products, such as Mobile Manager or Classroom Orchestrator.
msiexec /i LMA_Setupx64.msi UA=1 CO=0 MDM=0 ID_SERVER=<ROCKET IP> /qn
- Current Lightspeed Systems Customer Account – You will need to provide it during installation if you are installing Classroom Orchestrator, Mobile Manager, or both.
- Mobile Manager Enrollment Code for Mobile Manager Installation – You will need to provide it during installation only if you are installing Mobile Manager. If you are only installing Classroom Orchestrator then you do not need it. The enrollment code can be found by clicking Enroll Device under your organization in Mobile Manager.
- Client PCs Running Windows 7, 8, 8.1, or 10
- The LMA Client PC Setup File – LMA_Setupx64.msi or LMA_Setupx86.msi, which can be downloaded at the links below:
- 1. Log into the client PC.
- 2. Download the LMA_Setupx64.msi or LMA_Setupx86.msi file onto the PC.
- 3. Open a command prompt and navigate to the directory that the LMA_Setupx64.msi orLMA_Setupx86.msi is in. Then enter msiexec /i
- 4. At the command prompt enter LMA_Setup.msi CUSTOMER_ID= followed by your Lightspeed Systems customer number. You also need to provide an enrollment code if you are installing Mobile Manager (ENROLLMENT_CODE= followed by your Mobile Manager enrollment code), an optional associate user setting (ASSOCIATE_USER=1), and the portions of the product you would like to install (entering MM=1 enables the Mobile Manager service, entering CO=1 enables the Classroom Orchestrator client, and entering both parameters will enable both).
- The example below installs the Mobile Manager service, the Classroom Orchestrator client, and Associates a user.
msiexec /i LMA_Setupx64.msi CUSTOMER_ID=12-3456-A000 ASSOCIATE_USER=1 MM=1 CO=1
- The example below installs Classroom Orchestrator only and Associates a user.
msiexec /i LMA_Setupx64.msi ASSOCIATE_USER=1 CO=1
- And the example below installs Mobile Manager only.
msiexec /i LMA_Setupx64.msi CUSTOMER_ID=12-3456-A000 MM=1
- And the example below installs Mobile Manager and Classroom Orchestration without Customer_ID.
msiexec /i LMA_Setupx64.msi CO=1 MM=1
The LMA Client switches are defined below:
- MM: Indicates that you are installing the Mobile Manager. If present, it must be set to 1. Omit this parameter if you don’t want to enable Mobile Manager.
- CO: Indicates that you are installing the Classroom Orchestrator. If present, must be set to 1. Omit this parameter if you don’t want to enable Classroom Orchestrator.
Note: You must provide at least one of the above values (CO or MM), or both.
- CUSTOMER_ID: Your organization’s customer number as assigned by Lightspeed Systems. This is a required value.
- ENROLLMENT_CODE: The enrollment code for installing Mobile Manager, which can be found by clicking Enroll Device under your organization in Mobile Manager.
- ASSOCIATE_USER: Optional. Set to 1 to enable this. Please note the ASSOCIATE_USER parameter can be set to 1 (true) or 0 (false). If true, it will bind that device to a particular user in Mobile Manager. This way you can apply policies to a user that will propagate to various devices.
- The following screenshot shows a valid command line entry for installing both Classroom Orchestrator and Mobile Manager.
Note: You will not be able to proceed without your customer number, enrollment code, associate user, and Mobile Manager, Classroom Orchestrator, or both.
- Once the installation process starts the following license prompt will be displayed.
- 5. Check (select) I accept the terms in the License Agreement.
- 6. Click Install. The installation status will be displayed as shown below.
- 7. Click Finish to complete the installation process.
Check (select) Launch Capture Tool to automatically launch the Classroom Orchestrator Capture Tool.
- 8. Normally, and if you enabled Classroom Orchestrator, you will be automatically logged into Classroom Orchestrator. However, if the automatic login fails you will be presented will the following login prompt.
- If so, use the login associated with the Lightspeed Systems database.
To perform a silent install open a command prompt on the client PC and enter the following (x64 version shown):
msiexec /i LMA_Setupx64.msi CUSTOMER_ID=12-3456-A000 ASSOCIATE_USER=1 MM=1 CO=1 /qn
Installing LMA using Mobile Manager
To install the LMA using Mobile Manager, you will need to use the an MSI converter to change the MSI file a .lsmdm file.
Note: This requires use of a command-line utility to preprocess the MSI file to include necessary information for the installation. You can download that utility (Windows only) from this link: http://lightspeed-apps.s3.amazonaws.com/lsmsi/LsMSI.exe
You can learn how to install MSI files on enrolled Windows 10 devices through Mobile Manager here.
When installing the LMA, you can now skip adding the switches for Customer_ID, Mobile Manager (MM), and Classroom Orchestrator (CO), as long as your Domain, Public IP Range, or MAC address of the device is entered in the Device.
To upgrade the LMA Client, simply install over the top of the old one. Open a command prompt on the client PC and enter (x64 version shown):
msiexec /i LMA_Setupx64.msi
The settings from the previous installation will be saved.
To silently upgrade the LMA Client, open a command prompt as an administrator on the client PC and enter (x64 version shown):
msiexec /i LMA_Setupx64.msi /qn
Settings from the previous install will be maintained.
District Admins can hide the URL History feature from teachers.
1. Log into Classroom Orchestrator as an Admin.
2. Click the Organization Settings menu and select Settings.
3. Within the Settings menu, scroll down to Teacher Permissions and enable or disable URL History by toggling the button. Click Save.
Note: URL History can only be disabled and enabled at the organization level.