How to Upload PAC file to Rocket
1. Click Web Filter, then click Proxy Server.
2. On the Proxy Server page navigate to Forward Proxy > PAC Files.
3. In the PAC Files grid, click the green “+” icon. This action opens the following page:
4. In the Upload PAC File form, click Browse and select the PAC file to upload from your computer.
5. Enter a brief description, then click Save to upload the PAC file, or click Cancel to discard your changes and return to the previous page.
Note: To delete (permanently remove) a PAC file, mouse over the item you wish to remove, then click the X on the right side of the row. You will be prompted to confirm the action.
Note: Click the name to download the PAC file. It will automatically be downloaded onto your computer.
In order for proxying to be a smooth experience, it is necessary for the devices being proxied to trust your proxy by adding the Web Filter’s proxy SSL certificate to your devices. In order to do that you will first need to access your proxy certificate from your Web Filter.
You can access your certificate by navigating to Settings > Appliance > SSL Certificates > Download Links. Click Download or navigate to the URL to download your certificate.
Pushing an SSL certificate to several devices at once:
Pushing an SSL certificate to BYOD devices:
You can access individual instructions for pushing SSL certificates to BYOD devices by navigating to:
YOURDOMAIN.com/lsaccess/proxycerthelp (replace YOURDOMAIN.com with the URL of your Rocket.)
This pathway includes instructions for all major operating systems and web browsers.