The Relay Dashboard provides an overview of all internet activity. The Dashboard is the hub, which guides you to key reports, website activity, and flagged content and users.
You can access the Dashboard by clicking on Dashboard on the main Relay left-hand navigation menu. You will also be automatically redirected to the Dashboard once you log into Relay.
The Dashboard corresponds to a particular time period. By default, the Dashboard will show usage data from the past week. You can change the time period by clicking on the date dropdown menu. You can select Today, Last 7 Days, Last 30 Days, or enter a custom range in the Custom Dates field. Click Apply to save your date range.
The Dashboard is divided into five distinct widgets:
1. The first widget shows statistical data from key individual reports. Each square within the widget represents a separate report. Clicking on each square will take you directly to that report. Each report can also be found under the Reports dropdown in the main Relay left-hand navigational menu.
The reports are:
a. Users: The number of active users for the selected time period. Upon opening, the report also shows the number of website visits per user. Click on a user name to access a detailed report including flagged content searches, full website history, location history (if the Tracker Extension is enabled), and user details (school, grade, group memberships, and more).
b. Websites Blocked: The number of websites blocked during the selected time period. Upon opening, the report also shows the website visited, its category, the number of blocks, and the number of users visiting the website. Sort by any column head (website, category, blocks, users) and drill down for user names by clicking the users count.
c. Searches: The number of searches performed by users during the selected time period. Upon opening, the report also shows the specific search term, the number of searches, and the number of users performing each search. Drill down for user names by clicking the users count.
d. YouTube Videos: The number of videos watched by users during the selected time period. Upon opening, the report also shows the title of the video, the number of views, and the number of users that watched each video.
e. Overridden: Blocked websites that have been overridden by users with override privileges. The report identifies which websites were overridden, which category they belong to, how many times they were overridden, and which users performed the overrides.
2. The Website Activity widget shows the number of websites visited within the selected time period in graph form. Hovering your mouse over any point in the graph will show the exact number of websites visited during that day.
3. The Flagged Content widget shows content that has been flagged as potentially dangerous or worrisome based on your Flagged Terms list (Settings > Flagged Terms), including the website flagged, the number of links, the number of users visiting the website, and the danger level of the flagged content.
Upon opening, the report also shows the exact list of websites flagged, as well as the keywords that caused the flag, and the user who was visiting the flagged site.
4. The Top Websites widget shows the websites most visited by users during the selected time period.
Upon opening, the report shows a longer list of top websites.
5. The Flagged Users widget shows users having viewed the most flagged content, as well as the number of flags and the danger level of the content viewed.
Upon opening, the report shows a longer list of flagged users.
You can learn more about Reports here.