What does this report tell me?
The Search Queries Report provides a detailed list of Users and what they searched for on the Internet.
Note: The Search Queries report always loads as a blank page. This lets you specify search terms before running the report.
- Click the filter report button  in the upper right corner to open the Data Options sidebar, then select the items to filter.
- To load the default report, click the Generate button at the bottom of the Data Options
Why should I use this report?
Use this report to audit User search activity and discover potentially inappropriate Internet usage.
How do I read it?
Note: With filtering, you can include or exclude data to customize your report. See Filtering Reports for more information.
Tip: Click an item in the report grid to include only the selected item (Quick Filter) or add the item to the Data Options pane (Add to filter). The Category column has additional options to add the site to a local category, or visit the website in a new browser tab.
- Suspicious – A blue question mark () indicates that the search query is suspicious.
Note: You can filter this report to show only suspicious search queries or no suspicious queries. See Suspicious Search Queries for more information.
- IP Address – The IP Address of the computer where the user logged in.
- User – The logged-in user’s network login name.
- User OU – The logged-in user’s OU.
- User Groups – The logged-in user’s groups.
- Computer – This column shows the computer name where the user logged in.
- MAC – This column shows the MAC address of the device.
- Device ID – The device ID (Host ID) of the mobile device.
- Search Query – This column shows the word or phrase in the Search Query.
- Domain – This column shows the search engine used to make the Search Query.
- Category – The Content Database category assigned to the query.
- Action – Shows whether the query was allowed or blocked.
- Rule Set – The Rule Set assigned to the user.
- Origin – This column shows the origin of the request (internal network clients, Mobile Filter clients, or Proxy clients).
- Time – This column shows the date and time the User made the Search Query.
- Gear Button – Click to select columns to view in this report.
Note: If the User and Computer columns are blank, the computer at this IP address is not running the User Agent.
If you have enabled Safe Search, the Web Filter may append some parameters to URLs falling under these categories. When this happens, the browser will be redirected to the newly formed URL. Please note that the originally-requested URLs will be logged as Redirected URLs.